Thursday, August 23, 2012

Humbling Connection

Over the past several weeks I have become tangled in an emotional state of confusion.

It seems that I am in a daily battle between tears and elation over the meaning of my various relationships. It amazes me that so many levels exist in a relationship. And baffles me how many of those levels one can stand on simultaneously.

I feel I have been blessed with the ability to form human connections on a whim. However, with every blessing and strength, comes a mirroring weakness. The shadow in my mirror is that the majority of my connection seem to remain superficial. Temporary. Disposable.
The absence of connection is something I pine over...and yet...when the bind weakens, it is not commonly missed.

Recently though, I find myself linked in a bond stronger than any connection I imagined I would have the pleasure of experiencing in my lifetime. It has humbled me. Distracted me. Rendered me delightfully abashed.

I cannot help but stand in wonderment at the reason for our meeting. The complication and simplicity are the yin and yang which keeps my head reeling almost without rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment